We use sun cream to protect our skin, we use gloves to protect our hands – think of preventative dentistry as a long term method of care for your teeth.
It should no longer be acceptable to plaster over dental health issues, especially as “dental decay is now recognised as an infectious disease,” With advancements of techniques, materials, and technology”  we dentists can now work to keep your teeth healthier through life.
Preventative dentistry focuses on avoiding cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and dental issues, it aims to maintain healthy teeth and gums for life by deploying intelligent advice and treatment regularly.
As a health care provider for a dental practice, I believe it’s my duty to do all I can to improve and maintain the health of my community and our planet. This is why I’ve built my practice – The Bright and White Dental Spa – with eco-friendly, preventative dentistry in mind,to provide high quality, low cost dentistry.
Why Preventative Dentistry Is Necessary – Empowering Patients
Within the dental industry, we’ve always understood that prevention is better than cure, by focussing on prevention, a patient is better educated and more likely to retain their teeth throughout life.
If your dentist uses prevention based dentistry they will map out your oral health with prevention in mind, giving you a defined prevention plan tailored to your mouth. This is what makes prevention based dentistry so powerful. Your dentist will prioritise prevention over restoration.
Surprisingly, as a country we are yet to completely adopt prevention in dentistry and with the growing costs of treatment, the NHS has noted the importance for this form of dentistry, an annual report in 2009 citied “assessing risk and preventing disease” as a key recommendation.
What Are the Benefits of Eco Friendly, Preventative Dentistry?
- This form of eco-friendly dentistry gives patients direct control over their health and is better for the environment in the long term.
- Prevention is the future and we have new technology which helps us diagnose problems in their earlier stages, this allows us – in some cases – to reverse the early signs of decay and gum disease.
- Keep costs down while avoiding the need for invasive treatments.
- Prevention based health care will improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Global warming will have a negative impact on our well being. Keeping our environment healthy will keep us healthy.
We only get one set of adult teeth, so caring for them is crucial if you want to keep them for life, as a practice we make it our job to help our patients keep stronger, healthier teeth for as long as possible.
If you’d like to move to an eco-friendly, preventative form of dentistry join our Bright and White plan, for as little as £15.50 per month you’ll get a tailored prevention plan built just for you with two oral exams and 2 hygiene appointments a year.